28 April 2013

Force of Habit

I cleaned my palettes and took the brush for a spin today.

I have read so many blog posts recently that keep affirming this simple thing: If I want to get anywhere with art, I need to make painting and drawing a daily habit, incorporate it into a routine. I am already thinking about art first thing in the morning, it is not that big of a step anymore.
In the end, I shall better be painting already when the muse/creativity strikes, not the other way around.

May the force of habit be with me ;-) dancingwookie.gif

Here are some of the blogs I read that touch on the subject. They are not scientific or study-proven, just experiences by other artists:

Abandoning the Preciousness by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law 
How to Overcome Creative Blocks by Hannah Braime on lifehack.org 
How Mundane Routines Produce Creative Magic by Mark McGuinness on 99u.com
Daily Routines - Artists by Mason Currey
Tips for Young Illustrators by Jim Harris 
Super Obvious Secrets That I Wish They’d Teach In Art School by Phil McAndrew

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree there, monbaum.
    "Nulla dies sine linea"
    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete