16 August 2012

EDM #17: Draw a musical instrument


Everyday Mattersthe book and the challenge list
AlltäglicheDinge/Jeder Tag Zähltdas Buch und die Herausforderung


Didn't have the time to draw the whole thing, but I actually own a violin.
I bought it at a time in my life where I was in a job that showed me what I am not good at. On top of that, the dreams I had buried were challenged on a very personal level through that job.
Long story short - I bought that violin and to this day it represents that I want to stick to my dreams.
So, I don't have a spectacular drawing - but a meaningful story behind it.


Hatte nicht die Zeit, um das ganze Ding zu zeichnen, aber ich besitze tatsächlich eine Violine.
Ich kaufte sie zu einem Zeitpunkt, als mein damaliger Job mir all das zeigte, worin ich einfach nicht gut bin. Zusätzlich wurde meine verbuddelten Träume auf einer zu persönlichen Ebene durch diesen Job in Frage gestellt.
Lange Rede kurzer Sinn - ich kaufte diese Violine und bis zum heutigen Tag bedeutet sie für mich, dass ich meine Träume nicht aufgebe.
Diesmal habe ich keine spektakuläre Zeichnung anzubieten - aber eine tiefgehendere Geschichte dahinter.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, you don't need to draw the whole thing as this sketch stands well on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketch and your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes a smaller part of an object says so much more, more detail.
    I like it very much and the story behind it, never give up on dreams..

    ReplyDelete